Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sorry for such the lag in posting. Nick and I have been so busy that we have hardly had time to catch a breather.

We are loving our home and are still settling in and decorating. We have a few furniture purchases we need to make, ie formal dining room table and front room sofa and love seat. We will post pictures later when the house is all finished.

This what we have been up to the last few months:
1. Moving into our house, we had a ton of friends who did a great job helping
2. Assisting Nick's dad while in the hospital, rehab, and then recovery
3. New callings in our ward. I'm the miamaid advisor, Nick is the Elders Quorum secretary
4. Trip to Hawaii with friends Mike and Lateesha
5. We both traveled to Idaho for funeral of Kaylie Skousen-daughter of my dear friend Christine Skousen. Caught up with Nick's college friends and celebrated Irvin's birthday witha dinner out.
6. Our newest nephews Parker David Howard was baptized on May 10 so we traveled to Calgary for that special occasion- Nick is such a proud uncle and loves his nephew.
7. We just got back from Las Vegas over memorial day weekend where we had a fund pool party with our friends and then went to the Beatles Love show. The showe was amazing! and Nick and I had a great time talking on the road trip. We have so much fun together just sitting in the car.
8. I went to girls camp for 1 night and 2 days-It was such a pleasure getting to know the young women and helping with such fun activities. I feel so blessed for my calling and hope I may be a tool in the Lord's hand.
9. Nick and I are both still working at our respective jobs, we feel so blessed to both be working and saving up for when we have kids
10. This weeken Nick turns 29! We are planning a big b-day party at our house with games, good food, and friends. Nick and I have really enjoy entertaning and I am beginning to count it as one of our hobbies since we do it on a weekly basis.

We look forward to some downtime this summer!

No comments: